Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/22 13:47:37 UTC

Discussion summaries

Dear All,
In the last days we have had some interesting duscussions about several
subjects.
Don't you think we need to summarize them up and write something on the
stone?
For example, about the Find screens what is the final one?

Many thanks,
-Bruno

Re: Discussion summaries

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Shi,

It's about the find screens which are often the main pages of applications. They mostly use the findPerfomr service. They are
domains specific and use entities, no need to use Lucene

Jacques

From: "Shi Yusen" <sh...@langhua.cn>

Re: Discussion summaries

Posted by Shi Yusen <sh...@langhua.cn>.

Re: Discussion summaries

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Bruno Busco wrote:
> Now I have seen that Adrian has started writing a new confluence page that
> will summarize all the agreed Layout guidelines in order to have them simply
> accessible, thank you Adrian. I think we really need this.

I had some emergencies come up at home that pulled me away from the wiki
work. I'll finish it soon.

-Adrian

Re: Discussion summaries

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
Great! Thanks! ;-)

Re: Discussion summaries

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Done. Rev 670705.

Re: Discussion summaries

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Re: Discussion summaries

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Will do!

Re: Discussion summaries

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Discussion summaries

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Re: Discussion summaries

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Discussion summaries

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Re: Discussion summaries

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Bruno Busco" <br...@gmail.com>
[...snip...]
> If you guys think that having initially the list empty is better we could
> make it configurable like proposed by Adrian. But I suggest to have a GLOBAL
> property to control this so that we have all the UI on an installation
> consistent.

+1

> Now I have seen that Adrian has started writing a new confluence page that
> will summarize all the agreed Layout guidelines in order to have them simply
> accessible, thank you Adrian. I think we really need this.

Yes, really helpful, to be completed...

> While browsing the thread about the Layout best practices I came across some
> other points that were discussed. I would like to remind them to all so the
> final decision could be taken and added in the Layout guidelines Confluence
> page.
>
> They were:
> 1) - A Skip menu to access several part of the screen directly

I did it. Could be enhanced : it only skips to main area for now. In my mind it was an option for sight disabled people so it's
invisible for "normal" people.

> 2) - An help button/icon link. Should we have it always located the same
> place?

Yes, I can't see any argument to have it in different places regarding the screen. UI consistency is a must-have, I know you are
concerned Bruno and it's great there are still much work in OFBiz about that point...

Thanks

Jacques

Re: Discussion summaries

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.