Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/04 14:36:52 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.11.0-incubating (RC4)

Thanks Justin,

We have addressed the issues you have found and we are starting to simplify
the released artifacts.

We have voted a new RC on the SystemML podling list and I should be sending
a new vote soon.

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 6:54 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> -1 binding due to LICENSE and NOTICE issues and including binary files in
> the source release.
>
> This was brought up last release and looks like it hasn't been corrected?
>
> For [1]
> - LICENSE and NOTICE are incorrect as they do not mention any of the
> bundled software
> - includes unexpected binary files. The following binary files are
> included in the source release:
>         ls ./src/test/config/hadoop_bin_windows/bin/
>         hadoop.dll      hadoop.lib      libwinutils.lib winutils.pdb
>         hadoop.exp      hadoop.pdb      winutils.exe
>
> For [2]
> - License is missing MIT licensed sizzle [3] included in minified JQuery
>
> For [1][2] the rest seem to be OK.
> - name includes incubating
> - signatures and hashes are fine
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - All Apache files have ASF headers
> - Can compile from source
>
> I didn’t check all of the other files in detail given it a little unclear
> what the artefacts voted on actually were, but given the above issue it
> probably worth double checking them.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/systemml/0.
> 11.0-incubating-rc4/systemml-0.11.0-incubating-source-release.zip
> 2. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/systemml/0.
> 11.0-incubating-rc4/systemml-0.11.0-incubating-src.tar.gz
> 3. https://github.com/jquery/jquery/blob/1.12.0/dist/jquery.js

Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975
http://lresende.blogspot.com/