Posted to dev@brpc.apache.org by tan zhongyi <zh...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/08 09:01:21 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache brpc(incubating) 0.9.8-rc01

Hi, guys,

0.9.8-rc01 is ready for vote, here it is. Thanks helei,he made the build.

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the release of  apache brpc(incubating) 0.9.8-rc01.

The source code can be found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/brpc/0.9.8-rc01/incubator-brpc-0.9.8-rc01.tar.gz

The release candidate has been tagged in GitHub as 0.9.8-rc01, available here:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/releases/tag/0.9.8-rc01

The SHA-512 checksum is:

972744e0915b2bf881ad04bae393761170bf91003b44c82dff8ba5306e8081abb5c4108c469a58ac4e4162838a04191fcf681594d89a7d97bbbfa0943cc2f41d

which can be found via:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/brpc/0.9.8-rc01/incubator-brpc-0.9.8-rc01.tar.gz.sha512

The signature can be found via:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/brpc/0.9.8-rc01/incubator-brpc-0.9.8-rc01.tar.gz.asc

KEYS file is available here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/brpc/KEYS

[Release Note]
* Fix bug that time unit is not listed in grpc timeout options.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/pull/1036
* Fix heap overflow in simple_data_pool
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/pull/1056
* Make args of redis protocol be StringPiece
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/pull/1128
* Support the length of redis args could be zero
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/pull/1128
* Optimize code in timer_thread
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/pull/1137/files
* Fix a narrowing warning on aarch64
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/commit/87f149c464ea0322a5b59d040bb80e7847f365be
* Make pthread_atfork not registered in child process
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/commit/2f8fc37d52c2a02ee6f348aaa52c7ded4a4844c3
* Rename LOG_NONE which conflicts with a name in mysql
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/commit/e3840c18cdd9e1ff81f8280b96ac14869007a122
* Fix several warnings under MAC
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/commit/f8c188a7a5186c2d43a20735ad175a32b39788a3
* Ignore ELIMIT for circuit breaker
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/pull/1005
* limit minimum value of max_concurrency for auto_cl
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/pull/1003

Please vote on releasing this package as:
Apache brpc(incubating) 0.9.8-rc01

This vote will be open until “Tuesday July 14 2020 00:00:00 GMT+0800 (CST)" and
passes if a majority of at least three +1 Apache brpc IPMC votes are
cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ] 0  I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

Checklist for reference:
[ ]Are release files in correct location?
[ ]Do release files have the word incubating in their name?
[ ] Are the digital signature and hashes correct?
[ ] Does DISCLAIMER file exist?
[ ]Do LICENSE and NOTICE files exists?
[ ] Is the LICENSE and NOTICE text correct?
[ ] Is the NOTICE year correct?
[ ] Un-included software dependencies are not mentioned in LICENSE or NOTICE?
[ ] License information is not mentioned in NOTICE?
Is there any 3rd party code contained inside the release? If so:
[ ] Does the software have a compatible license?
[ ] Are all software licenses mentioned in LICENSE?
[ ] Is the full text of the licenses (or pointers to it) in LICENSE?
Is any of this code Apache licensed? Do they have NOTICE files? If so:
[ ]Have relevant parts of those NOTICE files been added to this NOTICE file?
[ ]Do all source files have ASF headers?
[ ] Do the contents of the release match with what's tagged in version control?
[ ] Are there any unexpected binary files in the release?
[ ] Can you compile from source? Are the instruction clear?

Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers, please
feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your votes.

Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache brpc(incubating) 0.9.8-rc01

Posted by tan zhongyi <zh...@gmail.com>.
Vote closed, we got 3 binding +1 from
Lhestz
Gaidong
Zhujiashun

Vote passed,
I will call for vote in incubator mail list.
Thanks.

在 2020/7/8 下午7:30,“lhestz”<lh...@163.com> 写入:

    +1 binding.

    | |
    lhestz

    lhestz@163.com

    签名由网易邮箱大师定制
    On 7/8/2020 18:35,JiashunZhu<zh...@gmail.com> wrote:
    +1 binding.
    I have checked:

    - DISCLAIMER present

    - Hashes okay

    - NOTICE present

    - No unexpected binary files

    - Building passed on macos10.15.2

    牟盖东 <mo...@gmail.com> 于2020年7月8日周三 下午6:24写道:

    +1(binding)

    tan zhongyi <zh...@gmail.com> 于2020年7月8日周三 下午5:01写道:

    --
    Jiashun Zhu

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache brpc(incubating) 0.9.8-rc01

Posted by JiashunZhu <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding.

--
Jiashun Zhu

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache brpc(incubating) 0.9.8-rc01

Posted by 牟盖东 <mo...@gmail.com>.
+1(binding)