Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Todd Orr <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/04 02:27:19 UTC

EJB3 Build

I understood that ejb3 functionality will not be built into the
ejb-plugin until the spec is final. It looks like it's all set
(http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=40199). When
can we expect the ejb3 integration in the plugin?

Re: EJB3 Build

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Yes I believe that's MEJB-6, and I too would love to see those patches
applied so ejb-jar.xml is made optional.

Assuming you do write some code for the persistence.xml generation
Arik, I hope you'll contribute it back. Even if the patch is not
applied to maven-ejb-plugin right away, some of us will certainly
patch our local versions to get that functionality.

Wayne

Re: EJB3 Build

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.
Indeed.

It would be great if the patch from MEJB-6 would be applied asap.

Everybody who needs this should vote on the issue [1] so that it gets the attention of the
developers.

-Tim

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEJB-6

Re: EJB3 Build

Posted by Todd Orr <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: EJB3 Build

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
foremost is the making of ejb-jar.xml optional, as par with the spec. There
is already a patch for this in JIRA...

second - generation of persistence.xml perhaps (in-container
persistence.xmlshould only contain the data-source name, unit-name
(can be ${
project.name}) and a few properties - these can easily be configured in the
<configuration> tag of the plugin. There's no patch for that yet - I'm gonna
need it next week so I probably will create a patch for it sometime soon...

On 5/5/06, Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what EJB3 specific functionality are you talking about?
>
> -Tim
>
> Todd Orr schrieb:
> > I understood that ejb3 functionality will not be built into the
> > ejb-plugin until the spec is final. It looks like it's all set
> > (http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=40199). When
> > can we expect the ejb3 integration in the plugin?

Cheers,
      Arik Kfir                                   arikkfir@gmail.com
      Linux user, number 415067 - http://counter.li.org/
      http://corleon.dnsalias.org