Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Andre Anneck <an...@spmtechnologies.com> on 2003/09/11 16:05:49 UTC

reflection.error...

If you are behind a firewall or proxy, you need to add this:
<setproxy proxyhost="your.proxy.host" proxyport="your.port"/>
forrest.build.xml

I see the same "reflection" error if I dont set the proxy!

You can verfiy if it is a proxy issue if your run
#>forrest -v

Then the stacktrace will reveal a "connection timed out".
At least in my case it did.

Take care,

André

P.S.: Sorry If this reaches you twice, my mail client seems to hate me :(
_________________________________
Software Development

Andre Anneck
Tel +49 30 55115-305
Fax +49 30 55115-143
andre.anneck@spmtechnologies.com

SPM Technologies Deutschland GmbH
An den Treptowers 1
12435 Berlin, Germany

www.spmtechnologies.com

Re: reflection.error...

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
Stephan Schlierf wrote:

> I don't know if this can help you but I've noticed this reflection error since
> this week, not earlier (I use the cvs-version with daily updates).
> BTW, I get this reflection error with the 0.5rc1, too, so maybe this should be
> fixed before shipping.

David made a change in the catalog.xcat on monday, it seems related...

Re: reflection.error...

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
David Crossley wrote:
> <snip/>
> ... Bleh - i will stop explaining and go try to fix it.

Okay, i made some tweaks to the build and this issue should
be fixed now.

--David

Re: reflection.error...

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Stephan Schlierf wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Stephan Schlierf wrote:
> > >
> > > Thank you very much; now it works!
> > > Ah, it's a new feature, isn't it?
> >
> > Please see the thread:
> > Re: apparent resolver troubles
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=106333906523927
> >
> In this thread you wrote:
>
> >"When i built that resolver.jar and committed it to cvs ages ago,
> >i built it with JDK-1.4 ... so could that be the problem, should
> >it be built with JDK-1.3 ?"
>
> Don't know, I use the JDK-1.4.2.
>
> >Another possibility is that there is an old copy of resolver.jar
> >on the systems of the people who are having trouble. The old
> >resolver certainly did need to go on the net to get the catalog DTD.
> >This is what i have on my system ...
> >build.sh clean
> >find . -name 'resolver*.jar' -exec ls -l {} \;
> >...75064 Jul 20 18:31 ./lib/core/resolver-20030708.jar
> >...75064 Jul  8 17:50 ./tools/ant/lib/resolver.jar
> >That second one is copied there by the build from the lib/core/
> >Does the .jar on your system have the same file size as me (75064).
>
> Okay, if I do this on my system I get:
> ... 75064 2003-07-20 01:31 ./lib/core/resolver-20030708.jar
> ... 69655 2002-12-01 04:20 ./tools/ant/lib/resolver.jar
>
> So what I did now was to copy the resolver-20030708.jar to
> tool/ant/lin/resolver.jar, commented out the proxy line in forrest.build.xml,
> did a rebuild and - everything works!

Ah great, thanks for that confirmation. We certainly need to
fix that before release. It sounds like there is a second (and older)
copy of the resolver.jar in cvs, rather than being copied there by the
build. We need to find a way for Ant to use the main resolver-*.jar

> I don't know if this can help you but I've noticed this reflection error since
> this week, not earlier (I use the cvs-version with daily updates).
> BTW, I get this reflection error with the 0.5rc1, too, so maybe this should be
> fixed before shipping.

Mmmm, i too wonder why this recent change. It seems that everyone
is network-connected when they do their forrest builds, so the resolver
trundles off and retrieves the catalog DTD. Except me who often builds
offline (it worked for me because i must have copied the new resolver
to tools/ant/lib). Ah yes, recently i added the pref=public attribute
to catalog.xcat (which is the change that cheche reverted yesterday).
This forced the resolver to use public identifiers and try to find
the DTD locally (which it could not because the ant/resolver was too
old. Bleh - i will stop explaining and go try to fix it.

--David

Re: reflection.error...

Posted by Stephan Schlierf <st...@vsa.de>.
David,

In this thread you wrote:

>"When i built that resolver.jar and committed it to cvs ages ago,
>i built it with JDK-1.4 ... so could that be the problem, should
>it be built with JDK-1.3 ?"

Don't know, I use the JDK-1.4.2.

>Another possibility is that there is an old copy of resolver.jar
>on the systems of the people who are having trouble. The old
>resolver certainly did need to go on the net to get the catalog DTD.
>This is what i have on my system ...
>build.sh clean
>find . -name 'resolver*.jar' -exec ls -l {} \;
>...75064 Jul 20 18:31 ./lib/core/resolver-20030708.jar
>...75064 Jul  8 17:50 ./tools/ant/lib/resolver.jar
>That second one is copied there by the build from the lib/core/
>Does the .jar on your system have the same file size as me (75064).

Okay, if I do this on my system I get:
... 75064 2003-07-20 01:31 ./lib/core/resolver-20030708.jar
... 69655 2002-12-01 04:20 ./tools/ant/lib/resolver.jar

So what I did now was to copy the resolver-20030708.jar to
tool/ant/lin/resolver.jar, commented out the proxy line in forrest.build.xml,
did a rebuild and - everything works!

I don't know if this can help you but I've noticed this reflection error since
this week, not earlier (I use the cvs-version with daily updates).
BTW, I get this reflection error with the 0.5rc1, too, so maybe this should be
fixed before shipping.

cu,
Stephan

Re: reflection.error...

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Stephan Schlierf wrote:
> Andre Anneck wrote:
> > If you are behind a firewall or proxy, you need to add this:
> > <setproxy proxyhost="your.proxy.host" proxyport="your.port"/>
> > forrest.build.xml
>
> Thank you very much; now it works!
> Ah, it's a new feature, isn't it?

Please see the thread:
Re: apparent resolver troubles
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=106333906523927

The change that you made with "setproxy" is not the source
of this apparent error. The resolver should *never* be looking
on the net to get any DTD.

--David

Re: reflection.error...

Posted by Stephan Schlierf <st...@vsa.de>.
Am Donnerstag, 11. September 2003 16:05 schrieben Sie: