Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Daniel M Garland <da...@titanemail.com> on 2005/11/09 13:23:53 UTC

Deprecating component strategy

Hi all,

I've got a problem with my web application that I don't think I can solve.

I used to have a Home page with a number of DirectLink components. After
some new requirements and refactoring I changed my Home page to use a
different component that wrapped around a DirectLink. However, it
appears that in people's caches and the Google cache there are a number
of links to my old Home page, i.e. in Google's cache there are URLS to
app?service=direct/1/Home/$DirectLink&sp=S1

That are no longer there! Of course this throws up a runtime exception
and as its the homepage it's very annoying.

Short of (a) never changing anything or (b) keeping some components
there but using CSS to hide them I'm not sure how I can avoid this in
future.

Any thoughts?

Much appreciated all, thanks
--