Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Patrick Heiden <pa...@gmx.de> on 2008/11/28 23:02:15 UTC

passing parameters from pipelines to flowscript - possible?

Hello together!

Is it generally possible to pass parts or hole documents back to a flowscript controller, after a called pipeline has finished generation?

Maybe something like this (just for illustration ;)  :

Flowscript:

temp = sendPage("servlet:someblock:/something")

/* now use some part of / or the whole temp to start another generation process */

anothertemp = sendPage("servlet:otherblock:/somethingelse", { "temp" : temp})

Are such concepts possible?

Best regards,

Patrick

Re: passing parameters from pipelines to flowscript - possible?

Posted by Patrick Heiden <pa...@gmx.de>.
Hello,

much thanks! It was exactly what I want to achieve - I will try it out.

Cheers,
Patrick

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 23:12:43 +0100
> Von: "Job van Ommen" <jo...@gmail.com>
> An: users@cocoon.apache.org
> Betreff: Re: passing parameters from pipelines to flowscript - possible?

> Do I understand correctly that you want to use the output of a pipeline in
> your flowscript?
>
> It can be done by this:
>
> var outputstream = new java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream();
> cocoon.processPipelineTo("formcleanup", form.getXML(), outputstream);
>
> info on this : http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/api.html
>
> Regards,
>
> Job
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 11:02 PM, Patrick Heiden
> <pa...@gmx.de>wrote:
>
> > Hello together!
> >
> > Is it generally possible to pass parts or hole documents back to a
> > flowscript controller, after a called pipeline has finished generation?
> >
> > Maybe something like this (just for illustration ;)  :
> >
> > Flowscript:

> > temp = sendPage("servlet:someblock:/something")
> >
> > /* now use some part of / or the whole temp to start another generation
> > process */
> >
> > anothertemp = sendPage("servlet:otherblock:/somethingelse", { "temp" :
> > temp})
> >

> > Are such concepts possible?
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Patrick
> > --
> > Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger gehört? Der kann`s mit
> allen:
> > http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger

Sensationsangebot nur bis 30.11: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a

Re: passing parameters from pipelines to flowscript - possible?

Posted by Job van Ommen <jo...@gmail.com>.