Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/21 00:28:14 UTC

[ANN]: Seam for T5

Hi all,

Seam integration with Tapestry 5 is available in Tacos 5.

http://tacos.sourceforge.net/tacos5/tacos-seam/index.html

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko

Re: [ANN]: Seam for T5

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
The integration offers the bijection of Seam components. Please read here
how to do it.
http://tacos.sourceforge.net/tacos5/tacos-seam/index.html

Hopefully this is enough to use the other stuff provided by Seam.

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko

Re: [ANN]: Seam for T5

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Igor,

Re: [ANN]: Seam for T5

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Hm, I've never used jBPM. So I have no idea how tough it would be.
But you could try to configure jBPM in a Tapestry/Seam app and report the
result.
Seam provides to much stuff. I can't check it all alone.

On Jan 24, 2008 4:30 AM, Andreas Pursian <dg...@gmx.net> wrote:

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko

Re: [ANN]: Seam for T5

Posted by Andreas Pursian <dg...@gmx.net>.

Re: [ANN]: Seam for T5

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Just updated the documentation. How to use Seam-managed Hibernate session
read here:
http://tacos.sourceforge.net/tacos5/tacos-seam/hibernate.html

A Hibernate example application can be found here:
http://tacos.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tacos/tacos-5/trunk/tacos-seam/booking-example/

This app is a clone of http://seam.demo.jboss.com/home.seam and uses
Tapestry/Seam.
Just check out from svn and run it. You don't need any database since the
demo uses HSQL.
The app is not finished yet but can be used as example.

Re: [ANN]: Seam for T5

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
Actualy it's no problem replacing tapestry-hibernate if
The session is your only concern.

You may depend also on HibernateSessionManager and
have contributions for extra entity packages.

Davor Hrg

Re: [ANN]: Seam for T5

Posted by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net>.

Re: [ANN]: Seam for T5

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 21, 2008 4:00 AM, Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Good news, a few questions:
>
> 1) Any tutorials on using Seam with T5?  I tried Seam, up to the point of
> booking example, stop when i know I have to learn something about JSF. A

> 'hello world' tutorial with T5 will be helpful.

You can find a simple demo here:
http://tacos.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tacos/tacos-5/trunk/tacos-seam/demo/

> 2) if an app uses Seam, do we still need Tapestry-hibernate?

If you decide to use Seam and Tapestry together, you probably don't need the
module tapestry-hibernate.
You just need to configure hibernate and then you can inject the Session as
any other Seam component.
Well, this is what I'm going to do next. You can expect some Hibernate
examples in the next days.

> Thanks,
>
> A.C.
>

> Igor Drobiazko wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Seam integration with Tapestry 5 is available in Tacos 5.
> >
> > http://tacos.sourceforge.net/tacos5/tacos-seam/index.html
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Igor Drobiazko

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko

Re: [ANN]: Seam for T5

Posted by Michael Courcy <mi...@gmail.com>.
What would be extremly cool is having the famous seam book example
working with T5.

http://seam.demo.jboss.com/home.seam

Because the more interesting features of seam are in there (convesation,
security .... )

But I know that's probably a lot of work ...

--
Michael Courcy
http://courcy.blogspot.com

Re: [ANN]: Seam for T5

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi,

Re: [ANN]: Seam for T5

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
This is excellent news, people have really wanted some kind of
conversational state in T5 and I've had my hands full.  Can't wait to
check it out.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship