Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2010/04/24 03:03:00 UTC

Re: minimum hardware requirement for ofbiz

minimum memory is 512. You may be able to reduce this by disabling the
specialpurpose folder.

for a 3ghz cpu it usually is about 2%.
around midnight there are some services that take up about 75% of cpu
time for about an hour. This is dependent on how much the services have
to manage.

as ofbiz has gotten new features, it has required more memory.
I run on a dedicated Centos, but there are a couple of others.

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

HyunWoo Jo sent the following on 4/23/2010 1:24 PM:

Posted by HyunWoo Jo <hy...@sound4u.net>.
BJ, thank you for the information.

can you give me a link to look for disabling the specialpurpose
folder? or can you tell me how to disable?

thank you

hyun

Posted by HyunWoo Jo <hy...@sound4u.net>.
Dear BJ, and Acques,

thank you for your help.
here are an update on my use and question.

1. i upgrade my VPS and now have 10GB hard drive space and 1.09GB
memory allocated. CentOS 5.4 is running. i subscribed the VPS plan
from O**** java hosting company.
2. finally i am able to install ofbiz (9.04) and it's running ok now.
great!

here are question, (first of all, i am not expert on linux nor ofbiz
as you might figure out :)
1. ofbiz service (or java service, don't know exactly), keeps shutting
down with in a couple hours, and i have to rerun "./ant run" through
terminal again.
how can i make this keep running?

my current # VM Options in rc.ofbiz is
JAVA_VMOPTIONS="-Xms128M -Xmx512M"

2. BJ told me that i can unload specialpurpose components to reduce
memory usage., i unloaded couple components, but i don't see much
difference in memory usage. am i expecting too much?

thank you in advance.

hyun

From: "HyunWoo Jo" <hy...@sound4u.net>

Posted by HyunWoo Jo <hy...@sound4u.net>.