Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Bhavani Iyer <bh...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/24 19:36:10 UTC

[VOTE] Release UIMA C++ SDK 2.4.0 RC 7

UIMACPP Release Candidate 7 is ready for voting.

It contains fixes to the following issues reported by Eddie:

1. Linux build of deployCppService fails to run on a machine without a
compatible libssl and libcrypto.
    Rebuilt deployCppService with an ActiveMQ CPP library built with SSL
disabled. To enable these capabilities,
    users will have to rebuild from source using an ActiveMQ CPP built with
SSL enabled.  This is true for the
    Windows SDK as well. ActiveMQ build on Windows by default is built
without SSL enabled.
2. Fix for make sdk not handling the --prefix setting.

Modifications to README.4src based on suggestions from Burn and Marshall.

The release build is staged at:
http://people.apache.org/~bhavani/uimacpp-release-candidates/2.4.0/07/

The SVN tag is:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimacpp/tags/uimacpp-2.4.0-rc7/

The issues fixed are in the RELEASE_NOTES.html in the src/bin packages.
They can also be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+UIMA+AND+fixVersion+%3D+12319446+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0   Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.
Bhavani

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA C++ SDK 2.4.0 RC 7

Posted by Burn Lewis <bu...@gmail.com>.
My problem on Windows with deployment of a service via the -d option on
runRemoteAsyncAE appears to be a PATH inheritance problem.  Section 3.8 of
the UIMA-AS Scaleout doc says:

*Components written in C++ can be run as a top level service. These
components are launched in a separate process, and by default, all the
environment variables of the launching process are passed to the new
process. This element allows the environment variables of the new process
to be augmented. *

but I found the PATH to be "null\lib;null\lib\xms"

The tutorial example augments the "Path" variable ... when I changed that
to "PATH" and so pre-pended the appropriate directories it was able to load
and deploy the annotator.

~Burn

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA C++ SDK 2.4.0 RC 7

Posted by Bhavani Iyer <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jens,

I am reproduce the problem. It appears to have been there in the 2.3.0
incubator release.

So I think please open a bug report but fix will probably be defered to a
future release.

Thanks for testing
Bhavani

Posted by Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>.

Posted by Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>.

Posted by Bhavani Iyer <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Burn
Good catch.  The APRUtil on Windows by default includes APR-iconv.  Its
possible to build APRUtil without APR-iconv but its probably best to go
with the default setup.

On Linux, the APR Util uses the GNU version of iconv available on the
system.

I am planning to do another release candidate.  This will be to pick up
Burn's
changes to include apr-iconv libraries in the Windows build.

Thanks
Bhavani

Posted by Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>.