Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/09 12:02:01 UTC

delay mvn 3 problems to 3.x?

Hey guys,

We're having some open issues belonging to mvn3 (KARAF-504,
KARAF-482). IMHO we should rather make karaf-3 available quite soon
(1-2 month), fix all m3 issues there and define karaf-2.x officially
compatible to m2? WDYT?

Kind regards,
Andreas

Re: delay mvn 3 problems to 3.x?

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Me neither :)

Re: delay mvn 3 problems to 3.x?

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: delay mvn 3 problems to 3.x?

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
I would love to donate my work on Cellar to Karaf.

Now regarding the differences with Apache ACE, they are tottally different.
ACE is about provisioning, while Cellar is about keeping multiple Karaf
nodes in sync (in terms of configuration, features etc).
I like Andreas idea about a wiki page. So I think I will add more
information there.

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/>  Committer
*

Re: delay mvn 3 problems to 3.x?

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: delay mvn 3 problems to 3.x?

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Andreas,

that's fine with me.

regards, Achim

Re: delay mvn 3 problems to 3.x?

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
Putting on my cheerfully optimistic release management hat. It will
get there, it always does :)

Cheers,
Jamie

Re: delay mvn 3 problems to 3.x?

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: delay mvn 3 problems to 3.x?

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Oh,

Re: delay mvn 3 problems to 3.x?

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: delay mvn 3 problems to 3.x?

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: delay mvn 3 problems to 3.x?

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.

Re: delay mvn 3 problems to 3.x?

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: delay mvn 3 problems to 3.x?

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jamie,

> I'm partial to the mantra of "release early, release often", but I'd
> say we should at least be talking 2 months out for Karaf 3.0.0.
>
> I've been holding off starting up the user survey just to give the
> development direction of the 3.x branch some time to come into focus.
> If it is felt that we should accelerate however then perhaps this
> survey project can be bumped up the priority list.
>
> I'm also keeping in mind that we have a 2.2.1 and 2.1.5 release
> already on the work queue, so some community dev cycles are going to
> be allocated to those over the next few weeks, instead of focussing on
> trunk.
>
> As to the Karaf 3.x for m3 and Karaf 2.x for m2 compatibility, I'm
> liking the idea. Karaf 2.x is already the JDK 1.5 compatible line,
> we'd just redefine it as the JDK 1.5 / m2 line. Karaf 3.x being JDK
> 1.6+, m3.

+1 from me :)

Achim

Re: delay mvn 3 problems to 3.x?