Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Chaitanya Bapat <ch...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/31 01:34:47 UTC

[CI][v1.x] Update: unix-gpu timeouts

Hello MXNet community,

*If your PRs aren't targeted towards v1.* branches [v1.x for e.g.] then
ignore.*

For a few weeks, we've witnessed timeouts for CI unix-gpu pipelines
specifically on PRs targeted towards v1.x branch. This was in connection
with the unix-gpu pipeline for v1.x not running on the updated unix-gpu
toolchain.

Identifying this, I cherry-picked the unix-gpu toolchain update PR from
master to v1.x: #18785
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/18785>. Refer original PR
#18186 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/18186> for details
about what's included as part of the unix-gpu toolchain upgrade.

The PR #18785 is currently waiting on a resolution by Apache Infra to
prevent merging master branch code into v1.x which got introduced as part
of enabling branch protection. Ticket: 20616
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-20616>

Once the PR gets merged, it should ease up the timeout issue.

Sorry for inconvenience caused by timeouts. Thanks for the continued
patience & incredible work contributing to MXNet project.

Thanks,
Chai

--
*Chaitanya Prakash Bapat*
*+1 (973) 953-6299*

[image: https://www.linkedin.com//in/chaibapat25]
<https://github.com/ChaiBapchya>[image: https://www.facebook.com/chaibapat]
<https://www.facebook.com/chaibapchya>[image:
https://twitter.com/ChaiBapchya] <https://twitter.com/ChaiBapchya>[image:
https://www.linkedin.com//in/chaibapat25]
<https://www.linkedin.com//in/chaibapchya/>

Re: [CI][v1.x] Update: unix-gpu timeouts

Posted by sandeep krishnamurthy <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Chai.