Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pete Stokes <st...@quinn-direct.com> on 2004/02/04 17:22:48 UTC

Script for Tomcat monitoring

Hi.

I want to get / write a big brother script for Tomcat to monitor items
like how many threads are busy, mem free, number of sessions etc. Does
any1 know of a script in existance (tried deadcat.net), and also does
anyone know a quick and easy way to get the stats out from the manager
page in Tomcat?

Thanks,
Pete.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

Re: Problem adding access log valve.

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Hi Mufaddal,

the accesslogvalve config requires a <Valve /> tag, not a <Logger/> tag.

Check the exception messages carefully, normally they tell you. Also
check your config against the documentation - I don't think 'timestamp'
is a valid attribute for <Valve/>

HTH
Adam

On 02/05/2004 11:06 PM Mufaddal Khumri wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have the following in my server.xml
>
>       <!-- Define the default virtual host -->
>       <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
>        unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
>
>         <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>                  directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt"
>             timestamp="true"/>
>
>         <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
>                  directory="logs/acesslogs"
>                  pattern="%a %A %b %B %h %H %l %m %p %q %r %s %S %t %u
> %U %v"
>                  prefix="access_log." suffix=".txt"
>             timestamp="true"/>
>
>         <Context path="/mywebapp" docBase="mywebapp" debug="0"
>                  reloadable="true" crossContext="true"/>
>
>       </Host>
>
> I added the AccessLogValve above and now Tomcat does not start? What did
> I do wrong?
>
> Tomcat works fine if I remove the accessvalvelog i added above.
>
> Thanks.

struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian

Problem adding access log valve.