Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io> on 2016/01/21 00:34:55 UTC

[VOTE] HAWQ 2.0.0-beta-incubating RC4

This is the 1st release for Apache HAWQ (incubating), version:
2.0.0-beta-incubating

*It fixes the following issues:*
Clear all IP related issues for HAWQ and this is a source code tarball only
release.
Full list of JIRAs fixed/related to the release: link
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/HAWQ+Release+2.0.0-beta-incubating>

*** Please download, review and vote by *Friday 6pm Jan 22, 2016 PST* ***

*We're voting upon the source (tag):*
2.0.0-beta-incubating-RC4

*Source Files:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.0.0-beta-incubating.RC4

*Tag to be voted upon:*
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hawq.git;a=commit;h=1b11926fef3a7ca445238c157571494c03276a82

*KEYS file containing PGP Keys we use to sign the release:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/KEYS
…

Re: [VOTE] HAWQ 2.0.0-beta-incubating RC4

Posted by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks all for the voting.
I'm closing the voting process.

The vote has passed with 9 “+1" and no “0" or “-1" votes.
Here is the voting thread -
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-hawq-dev/201601.mbox/%3CCAB0yre=7VHcR-DYrOZxfRg159XBnE2u=jDyVMaCApgoUy5m5+Q@mail.gmail.com%3E

(it got forked a couple times, not full in this thread, but you can find
everyone in the mail-archives.apache.org)

The vote tally is:

+1: Roman Shaposhnik, Lei Chang, Ruilong Huo, Yi Jin, 陶征霖 (Zhenlin Tao),
Hubert Zhang, Zhanwei Wang, Radar Da Lei, Shivram Mani
+0: None
-1: None

We will proceed with the rest of the IPMC vote.
-Goden

Posted by Shivram Mani <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1.

--
shivram mani

Re: [VOTE] HAWQ 2.0.0-beta-incubating RC4

Posted by Radar Da lei <rl...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Posted by Zhanwei Wang <zw...@pivotal.io>.
+1

--
Best Regards
----------

Zhanwei Wang

Re: [VOTE] HAWQ 2.0.0-beta-incubating RC4

Posted by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io>.
Forgot to update the community, we got -1 vote from IPMC.
There were a few issues in NOTICE file that Roman has fixed with this JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-388

We also have discovered that we may not need pgcrypto in the open source
code base:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-394 , otherwise, we'll have to
go through a lengthy process to follow the ASF policy[1].
The plan is to remove that from code base while still making everything
else be able to compile.
Feel free to leave comments under the JIRA if you think you may be able to
help on the task.

We'll respin a vote as soon as the last issue is resolved.

Thanks
-Goden

[1]http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html

Posted by Ivan Weng <iw...@pivotal.io>.
Downloaded and reviewed.

Posted by Caleb Welton <cw...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
+1 [binding]

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 3:34 PM, Ting(Goden) Yao <ty...@pivotal.io> wrote:
> This is the 1st release for Apache HAWQ (incubating), version:
> 2.0.0-beta-incubating
>
> *It fixes the following issues:*
> Clear all IP related issues for HAWQ and this is a source code tarball only
> release.
> Full list of JIRAs fixed/related to the release: link
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/HAWQ+Release+2.0.0-beta-incubating>
>
> *** Please download, review and vote by *Friday 6pm Jan 22, 2016 PST* ***
>
> *We're voting upon the source (tag):*
> 2.0.0-beta-incubating-RC4
>
> *Source Files:*
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.0.0-beta-incubating.RC4
>
> *Tag to be voted upon:*
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hawq.git;a=commit;h=1b11926fef3a7ca445238c157571494c03276a82
>

> *KEYS file containing PGP Keys we use to sign the release:*
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/KEYS

+1 (binding)

* imported KEYS
* checked MD5, SHA and GPG sig
* verified LICENSE NOTICE and DISCLAIMER files
* compared the content of the tarball to the TAG
* ran RAT check and verified license headers and exclusion list (top
of the RAT report bellow)
* ran a build

Thanks,
Roman.

Summary
-------
Generated at: 2016-01-25T23:27:45-08:00
Notes: 5
Binaries: 0
Archives: 0
Standards: 2627

Apache Licensed: 1796
Generated Documents: 0

JavaDocs are generated and so license header is optional
Generated files do not required license headers

0 Unknown Licenses

*******************************

Unapproved licenses:

*******************************

Archives:

Re: [VOTE] HAWQ 2.0.0-beta-incubating RC4

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 11:20 AM, Caleb Welton <cw...@pivotal.io> wrote:
> First question for me is:
> - We have a couple existing jiras on IP clearance, including
>       - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-184
>       - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-207
>
> In particular if HAWQ-184 has *not* been resolved then how are we clear of
> our IP issues?  I see that there was a commit associated with the issue, so
> perhaps this is just a lack of jira hygiene?

I wasn't too eager to resolve 184 until the vote passes,
as for 207 -- that ended up being fixed in a different way
and I resolve it as not applicable anymore.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] HAWQ 2.0.0-beta-incubating RC4

Posted by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io>.
I'll be extending the voting window to Tue Jan 26  for more feedback.
Please review, comment and vote. If you have questions, please also post in
dev mailing list.

Thanks
-Goden

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Caleb Welton <cw...@pivotal.io> wrote:
> When I run rat on this commit I'm still getting:

>> Summary
>> -------
>> Generated at: 2016-01-22T20:51:21+00:00
>>
>> Notes: 74
>> Binaries: 758
>> Archives: 0
>> Standards: 5688
>>
>> Apache Licensed: 1857
>> Generated Documents: 0
>>
>> JavaDocs are generated, thus a license header is optional.
>> Generated files do not require license headers.
>>
>> 3815 Unknown Licenses
>

> Better than it was before with 5030 Unknown Licenses, but still not clean.
> I'd like feedback on what the expectations are of the RAT check.  Is our
> target to get both Binaries and Unknown Licenses to 0?

Caleb, you need to run
   $ mvn verify

to get the correct RAT output. Look inside of pom.xml to see the classes
of exceptions we're managing there for RAT.

After downloading RC4 linked about the above command comes
back clean and here's the top of the rat.txt that gets produced in
target/ folder:

Summary
-------
Generated at: 2016-01-22T17:10:03-08:00
Notes: 5
Binaries: 0
Archives: 0
Standards: 2627

Apache Licensed: 1796
Generated Documents: 0

JavaDocs are generated and so license header is optional
Generated files do not required license headers

0 Unknown Licenses

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. Make sure to run Maven 3.1+

Re: [VOTE] HAWQ 2.0.0-beta-incubating RC4

Posted by Caleb Welton <cw...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Caleb Welton <cw...@pivotal.io>.
First question for me is: