Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/07 17:08:12 UTC

JDK 1.5 and later

Up to now, Buildr has supported JDK 1.4 and later.  I'm not entirely
certainly that everything worked on JDK 1.4 as I've never tried it myself
and we've never received any complaints regarding 1.4 compatibility.  In any
case, many of our dependencies are moving or have moved to 1.5 or later
(e.g. JUnit 4.0+, Scala 2.8+, ...) and so I'd like to make Buildr 1.4.0
officially support only JDK 1.5 and later.

Any objection?

alex

Re: JDK 1.5 and later

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
Please go ahead. FWIW I see more and more projects supporting JDK6 or later
these days. I would say by the next major release we might have to switch to
it.

Thanks,

Antoine

Re: JDK 1.5 and later