Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Pablo Borges <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/29 15:31:37 UTC

final version of Tapestry 5.2

Hello staff,

will be released when the final version of Tapestry 5.2?

thanks

RE: final version of Tapestry 5.2

Posted by Jim O'Callaghan <jc...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Ahhhh - thanks Kalle.

Regards,
Jim.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: T5 Dispatcher: How to correctly order the Pipeline

Posted by Pierce Wetter <pi...@paceap.com>.
On Jul 31, 2010, at 2:13 AM, Daniel Henze wrote:

> Thanks Kalle and Pierce for your feedback, it's interesting to read a little more about other experiences. I can completely understand the login form issue, something I stopped considering after a short period of time. The tynamo project has some really interesting projects and it seems security is offering me the best combination of tools for what I'm trying to achieve. For now I'll be using a workaround to achieve what I'm doing. Though deadline is approaching quickly, I am considering switching security implementation before go live.
>
> What would you estimate is the amount of work required to implement Shiro Security if current setup uses Spring Security?

 Hmmm, I would say it took my about 20% of the time it took me to get spring security working, and during that time I added some components to the tapestry-security project.

There are now equivalents for every spring security component in tapestry-security. So you can migrate those in about 5 minutes of searching/replacing. You'll have to implement a Login form page, but there's sample code for that that you can cut/paste.

 You'll have to implement a realm. In my case, the main holdup was that the number of significant letters in my brain is about 4, so I kept getting:

   authorization
   authentication

  Confused.

  In Shiro, one of them means "looking up what privileges/roles a user has", and the other means "checking whether a user matches their credentials (username/password)". So if you keep those straight, that makes things easier.

 Pierce

Re: T5 Dispatcher: How to correctly order the Pipeline

Posted by Daniel Henze <dh...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks Kalle and Pierce for your feedback, it's interesting to read a
little more about other experiences. I can completely understand the
login form issue, something I stopped considering after a short period
of time. The tynamo project has some really interesting projects and it
seems security is offering me the best combination of tools for what I'm
trying to achieve. For now I'll be using a workaround to achieve what
I'm doing. Though deadline is approaching quickly, I am considering
switching security implementation before go live.

What would you estimate is the amount of work required to implement
Shiro Security if current setup uses Spring Security?

Best regards
Daniel

Posted by Pierce Wetter <pi...@paceap.com>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Henze <dh...@googlemail.com>.
Well, I did have a glance at it the time I was looking for a security
solution. But to me it appeared the easiest to go with
tapestry-spring-security, mainly due to the ease of initial integration.
The documentation of tynamos tapestry-seems to be quite good as well.
 From looking at the examples page, I'd either have to create a new

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

> [...]

>>> out calls to check), with "before:*" I get an redirect error from the
>>> server
>>> ("indefinite loop") and without any declaration it again is not called at
>>> all.
>>>
>>> I'd appreciate a little guidance on the correct way to solve that issue.
>>> see the following options:
>>> 1. Get AccessController invoked as the last service in Dispatcher
>>> pipeline
>>> (all other checks done before). I suspect SecurityChecker to break the
>>> line.
>>> 2. Figure out whether User is logged in already and do not break the
>>> chain
>>> in AccessController if User is not logged in. Next page request will do
>>> the
>>> check.
>>> 3. Implement my own Security Checker and include the AccessController

Christophe Cordenier.

Committer on Apache Tapestry 5
Co-creator of wooki @wookicentral.com

Re: T5 Dispatcher: How to correctly order the Pipeline

Posted by Daniel Henze <dh...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Christophe,

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Kalle Korhonen
<ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not so sure that GAE on Java is production ready, but that aside,
> ultimately it's up to you to decide what's production ready for you
> and what isn't. A snapshot is a snapshot of that version in
> development. T5.2 isn't going to change drastically anymore. If I
> wanted to deploy to T5.2 to production, I'd use a frozen snapshot or
> wait for the T5.2 alpha release that will be cut shortly.

BTW I'm leveraging Tapestry5 since day 1 using both releases and
snapshots without any issues. T5 has proven to have snapshots more
stable the many other framework releases. Obviously snapshots are a
moving target and you should know about that.

Cheers
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: final version of Tapestry 5.2

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Muhammad Mohsen <m....@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dmitry,

--
Muhammad Mohsen Hussien
Jr. Java Software Engineer

Re: final version of Tapestry 5.2

Posted by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>.

--
Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: final version of Tapestry 5.2

Posted by Muhammad Mohsen <m....@gmail.com>.
Am extremely excited for that :)

I read that v5.2 should support google application engine more than before
by abandoning an xml class that is not supported by google application
engine.
Also we can force tapestry to work without the thread pool.

Is there any further support for google application engine ?

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de> wrote:

> We will probably release an alpha version within the next week followed by
> additional alphas and betas as needed. The plan is to have a stable 5.2
> release before JavaOne which begins on September 19th.
>
> Uli
>

> On 29.07.2010 15:31, Pablo Borges wrote:
>
>> Hello staff,
>>
>> will be released when the final version of Tapestry 5.2?
>>
>> thanks

Muhammad Mohsen Hussien
Jr. Java Software Engineer

Re: final version of Tapestry 5.2