Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by mohamed ramzy <m_...@yahoo.com> on 2000/09/28 12:24:20 UTC

ESQL Problem....NEED Help!!

hi

i've written the following XML file

<xsp:page language="java"
xmlns:esql="http://www.apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2"
xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core">
<tst>

<esql:execute-query>
<esql:driver>org.postgresql.Driver</esql:driver>
<esql:dburl>jdbc:postgresql://localhost/mrz</esql:dburl>
<esql:username>mrz</esql:username>
<esql:password>mrz</esql:password>
<esql:query>select * from usr</esql:query>
<esql:results>
<id><esql:get-string column="id"/></id>
<fname><esql:get-string column="fname"/></fname>
<lname><esql:get-string column="lname"/></lname>
<bgcolr><esql:get-string column="bgcolr"/></bgcolr>
</esql:results>
</esql:execute-query>

</tst>
</xsp:page>

then i got an Error Message

NullPointerException...

i don't know why, as i add to the cocoon property file
the following line:
processor.xsp.logicsheet.esql.java     =
resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/sql/esql.xsl

"with out line breaks offcourse"

and i restarted my cocoon again...but i still have the
same problem.
to be sure that the postgresql DBMS and the JDBC
driver are working proparly, i've written a Java
class, and checked every thing...and it worked fine,
but i don't know what is the problem with cocoon...
i'd like if some 1 could help and tell me how to solve
it

Thanks in Advance

=====
Mohamed Ramzy Zakaria, Graduate Research student
School of Computer Science & Information Technology
Jubilee Campus, Nottingham University
Nottingham, UK
TEL: 00 44 (0)115 84 66529
MOB: 00 44 (0)7947105251
MOB E-MAIL: m_ramzy@quios.com

http://photos.yahoo.com/

Re: ESQL Problem....NEED Help!!

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, mohamed ramzy wrote:

> hi
>
> i've written the following XML file
>
> <xsp:page language="java"
> xmlns:esql="http://www.apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2"