Posted to user@flink.apache.org by jlist9 <jl...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/26 17:59:09 UTC

Flink Cluster and Pipeline Version Compatibility?

I was trying to find some comparability tables between various versions of
Flink clusters and pipeline jars but haven't run into any so far. Is it so
that the pipeline jars must be build with the same version of the cluster
they'll be running on? Or there are some backward comparability? If it's
already documented/discussed somewhere a link would be appreciated.

Jack

Re: Flink Cluster and Pipeline Version Compatibility?

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jlist9:

Most of Flink's APIs try to ensure backward compatibility. But no
documentation gives all APIs to do this. With the development of Flink,
some features have changed dramatically, such as State, so Flink's official
website gives the migration guidance document[1]. So, my personal
suggestion is that the best choice is that the cluster is consistent with
the version of the Flink API that the Job depends on, especially the Major
version of Flink.

[1]:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.5/dev/migration.html

Thanks, vino.