Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by "Weiss, Matthew L" <Ma...@dematic.com> on 2010/01/20 21:21:38 UTC

Shindig Drag and drop

Hey All,

I hope that this is a prudent question for this mailing list.  I'm
currently trying to get shindig to work with the drag and drop project
from google code.  The drag and drop functionality seems to work but
none of the gadgets render.

My first question is if this project is eventually going to be rolled
into the shindig project as it seems very practical and usefull but it
seems that it has had not much activity.

My second question is if anyone has had a similar problem.  Drag and
drop seems to work but nothing gets rendered.

Thirdly, is there an alternative to the google code drag and drop
project or is this currently the only drag and drop solution, aside from
implementing drag and drop myself?  I suspect that an enhancement to
shindig may have caused this behavior.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: Shindig Drag and drop

Posted by John Hjelmstad <fa...@google.com>.
Hi Matt:

I assume you're referring to: http://code.google.com/p/shindig-dnd/ ?

I'd suggest contacting their developers to see whether they're aware of the
break. It wouldn't surprise me if there were changes that broke some
important link they require. There are no plans right now to fold these
projects together, though for my part I've long desired to see more
container code in Shindig.

--j