Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2011/07/01 10:29:55 UTC

Tagging 7.0.17

Another month, another release.

There are (currently) no open bugs for 7.0.x and I ran the full TCK
suite on trunk a couple of days ago and it all passed so trunk should be
pretty much ready.

I do want to address the shutdown port issue Konstatin raised for the
Windows installer before 7.0.17. My current plan is:
- add a new installer page just for ports
- use a single server.xml file and ${...} placeholders
- have the installer write the necessary properties to the end of
catalina.properties

If all goes to plan, I should be tagging 7.0.17 later today.

Mark

Re: Tagging 7.0.17

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 01/07/2011 09:39, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> 2011/7/1 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
>> - use a single server.xml file and ${...} placeholders
>> - have the installer write the necessary properties to the end of
>> catalina.properties
>
> That will break IDEs
> or any 3rd party apps that read server.xml for their own purpose
> without knowing this trick.

Hmm. Annoying. Guess I'll need to find a plan B.

Mark

Re: Tagging 7.0.17

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/7/1 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
> - use a single server.xml file and ${...} placeholders
> - have the installer write the necessary properties to the end of
> catalina.properties

That will break IDEs
or any 3rd party apps that read server.xml for their own purpose
without knowing this trick.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko