Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Christian Ribeaud <ch...@predict.ch> on 2000/12/28 11:48:51 UTC

mod_perl v1.16 Win32

Hi,

I am not used to bother people for such a simple question but I can not get the mod_perl v1.16 working. I am using the ActiveState Perl interpreter v5.6.0 and the path to the interpreter is e:\perl (Windows NT 4.0 SP 6a)
I properly installed the module in Apache 1.3.14 and I think the problem rests with the lib. I tried to install the whole mod_perl distribution's lib directory in the e:\perl\lib and/or in the e:\perl\site\lib. I still get the apache error: cannot load the module...
What is wrong? I would be very grateful if you could help me. I wish you a happy new-year and have a nice day. Best regards,

christian
predict ag

Re: mod_perl v1.16 Win32

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Christian Ribeaud wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not used to bother people for such a simple question but I can not get the mod_perl v1.16 working. I am using the ActiveState Perl interpreter v5.6.0 and the path to the interpreter is e:\perl (Windows NT 4.0 SP 6a)
> I properly installed the module in Apache 1.3.14 and I think the problem rests with the lib. I tried to install the whole mod_perl distribution's lib directory in the e:\perl\lib and/or in the e:\perl\site\lib. I still get the apache error: cannot load the module...
> What is wrong? I would be very grateful if you could help me. I wish you a happy new-year and have a nice day. Best regards,
>
> christian
> predict ag

Try the mod_perl cvs version, available at
    http://perl.apache.org/from-cvs/modperl/
in order to compile with ActivePerl. Alternatively,
there's mod_perl ppm packages available through
    http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/
If you use these, make sure you get the version that
corresponds to your apache version, and that when you
start apache, the ActivePerl Perl binary is in your PATH.

best regards,
randy kobes