Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jo...@barclayscapital.com on 2001/10/19 10:09:35 UTC

Adding protocol handlers and full support for HTTP/1.1 ... though ts.

Hi All:

The BinHttpURLInputHandler could do with a little beefing up to increase
it's protocol ability.   I wondered if anyone in this list had similar
thoughts - esp. since there are comments in this file to this effect.

libcurl (http://curl.haxx.se/) seems to be one option that provides many
protocols and SSL, and cross compiles to a number of platforms, and I
briefly considered sticking FTP support in there.... BUT, before I go ahead
a code this stuff up - I will of course need a go ahead to introduce a
library into Xerces.

Thoughts anyone?  Anyone got experience with the libcurl library itself?

Danke!
 John C

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays
Group does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this
message.  Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes,
it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is
caused by viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are
Barclays Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays
Group for operational or business reasons.

Re: Adding protocol handlers and full support for HTTP/1.1 ... though ts.

Posted by Juergen Hermann <jh...@web.de>.
On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:09:35 +0100, John.Clayton@barclayscapital.com wrote:

>Thoughts anyone?  Anyone got experience with the libcurl library itself?

libcurl seems a good choice. If you integrate this into Xerces proper (and
not into some contrib dir or whatever), this has to be an autoconf-option
though (--with-libcurl).

Ciao, Jürgen

--
Jürgen Hermann, Developer (jhe@webde-ag.de)