Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org> on 2005/04/14 02:10:01 UTC

Re: [GUMP@brutus]: Project db-ojb (in module db-ojb) failed

Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Project db-ojb has an issue affecting its community integration.

<snip/>

>     [javac] ProxyFactoryCGLIBImpl.java:49: cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class Factory
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.ojb.broker.core.proxy.ProxyFactoryCGLIBImpl

I have tried to add the new cglib-dependency to our Gump descriptor,
hoping that this will resolve db-ojb issues for the next run.

I saw three different possibilities for new dependencies:
1. add cglib as project referencing "sourceforge" repository (repository/sourceforge.xml)
2. add cglib with it's own project descriptor (in a new project/cglib.xml)
3. add cglib as "local" project descriptor in project/db-ojb.xml

I went for option #3 since I thought it had the least possibility of breaking
a whole Gump run. :-) Any opinions on the "Gump-endorsed" way of doing this?

(Gumpers please CC my ASF email or ojb-dev,
  since I am not subscribed to general <at> gump.)

Regards,
  Martin

Re: [GUMP@brutus]: Project db-ojb (in module db-ojb) failed

Posted by Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>I have tried to add the new cglib-dependency to our Gump descriptor,
>>hoping that this will resolve db-ojb issues for the next run.
>
> We'll see.  Since there already was a cglib project (in the hibernate
> descriptor) it didn't work correctly.
>
> I've just now switched to use OJB's jar since it is version 2.1 and
> hibernate shipped with 2.0.1.  It is more Gumpy to use the newer one.

Thanks for fixing, Stefan!

> BTW, I removed the <license> element since the LICENSE you've pointed
> to is not cglib's AFAICT.

I misunderstood the license element, thinking that this was pointing
to a file in the JAR itself (if the <project/>-descriptor contained
only a <jar/>-element).

I realized afterwards that the file most likely has to be locally
available in the Gump environment on brutus.

Best regards,
  Martin

Re: [GUMP@brutus]: Project db-ojb (in module db-ojb) failed

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org> wrote:

> I have tried to add the new cglib-dependency to our Gump descriptor,
> hoping that this will resolve db-ojb issues for the next run.

We'll see.  Since there already was a cglib project (in the hibernate
descriptor) it didn't work correctly.

I've just now switched to use OJB's jar since it is version 2.1 and
hibernate shipped with 2.0.1.  It is more Gumpy to use the newer one.

> 1. add cglib as project referencing "sourceforge" repository
> (repository/sourceforge.xml)

Which means you'd first have to figure out how to build it in Gump.

> 2. add cglib with it's own project descriptor (in a new
> project/cglib.xml)

Would be cleaner.

> I went for option #3 since I thought it had the least possibility of
> breaking a whole Gump run. :-)

wrong, since it has already been there.  Gump's logic is additive,
which means Gump was now looking for two different cglib jars in the
hibernate installed package.  So OJB hasn't been built during the last
run because the cglib pre-req failed.  I think it is fixed now.

BTW, I removed the <license> element since the LICENSE you've pointed
to is not cglib's AFAICT.

> Any opinions on the "Gump-endorsed" way of doing this?

Option 1 should be prefered over 2 over 3.  Option 1 may be a lot of
work, 2 requires karma on Brutus and 3 could be done by changing
descriptors only.  So in your case, 3 still was the best option if 1
is too hard.

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: [GUMP@brutus]: Project db-ojb (in module db-ojb) failed

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org> wrote:

> I have tried to add the new cglib-dependency to our Gump descriptor,
> hoping that this will resolve db-ojb issues for the next run.

We'll see.  Since there already was a cglib project (in the hibernate
descriptor) it didn't work correctly.

I've just now switched to use OJB's jar since it is version 2.1 and
hibernate shipped with 2.0.1.  It is more Gumpy to use the newer one.

> 1. add cglib as project referencing "sourceforge" repository
> (repository/sourceforge.xml)

Which means you'd first have to figure out how to build it in Gump.

> 2. add cglib with it's own project descriptor (in a new
> project/cglib.xml)

Would be cleaner.