Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Odon Copon <od...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/08 18:04:07 UTC

Beeline and password

Hi,
Is there a way to make Beeline to prompt for the password?
I see that all the options require the password to be visibly inserted in
plain text. The only option seems to store it in a file and the file path
instead, but that would also require to store the password in plain text
format.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Beeline and password

Posted by Odon Copon <od...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I managed to get it working by not specifying driver and user while
calling !connect.
If I specify the driver or user I don't get the prompt to input the
credentials.
Thanks.

Re: Beeline and password

Posted by Odon Copon <od...@gmail.com>.