Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrew Chapman <an...@clicktools.com> on 2005/05/03 11:28:39 UTC

SSL, Form Authentication 408 error

If I set the src of an IFRAME to my web application, which uses Form
Authentication and SSL, the server consistently throws back a 408 error in
IE when attempting to log in. The same scenario consistently works with
Firefox.

I suspect there are timing issues with IE, IFRAMEs and Form Authentication
causing the 408. I have searched the archives without success and a more
general search seems to indicate that there are issues with IFRAMEs and SSL
in IE but no specifics.

My question is: Does anyone know of a way to configure Tomcat (5.0.28) to be
more resilient/permissive i.e. to increase the timeout for Form
Authentication before a 408 error is thrown?

Thanks in advance

Andy Chapman