Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Zemian Deng <ke...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/11 16:57:38 UTC

why is browse url path different than direct repo url?

Hi list,

I uploaded a artifact to my internal repo and I am able to see it with this
url:

http://bb:8082/archiva/repository/internal/com/mystuff/foo/0.0.1

but if I use the browse url, I notice the path is little different:

http://bb:8082/archiva/repository/internal/com.mystuff/foo/0.0.1

It seems like "browse" is using dot instead of slash for group name. Is
there a reason for not using consistent path?

--
Come visit my open source projects:
http://code.google.com/p/sweetscala - a Scala web framework. Building web

Re: why is browse url path different than direct repo url?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
It's easier to parse when the groupId uses dots since you know which is the
end '/', not just a separator. The repository obviously needs this and
contains some additional logic to figure it out for most use cases, but it's
better not to use this in the browse where it is unnecessary.
- Brett

2008/9/12 Zemian Deng <ke...@gmail.com>

> Hi list,
>
> I uploaded a artifact to my internal repo and I am able to see it with this
> url:
>
> http://bb:8082/archiva/repository/internal/com/mystuff/foo/0.0.1
>
> but if I use the browse url, I notice the path is little different:
>
> http://bb:8082/archiva/repository/internal/com.mystuff/foo/0.0.1
>
> It seems like "browse" is using dot instead of slash for group name. Is
> there a reason for not using consistent path?
>
> --
> Come visit my open source projects:
> http://code.google.com/p/sweetscala - a Scala web framework. Building web
> application the sweet way.
> http://code.google.com/p/javasupport - a collection of libraries and tools
> for Java development. Get a SpringMVC webapp started fast!

--
Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/