Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by Adrian Cole <no...@github.com> on 2014/10/03 04:34:39 UTC

[jclouds-labs-google] JCLOUDS-740 GCE doesn't always return id, selfLink on lists. (#50)

The extra fields on ListPage were causing NPEs as they were expected present. There&#39;s no value in id, selfLink on a list anyway.

While working on this, I noticed we were backing an Iterable with a Set. It is cheaper to do this with a List, so I switched it.
You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/adriancole/jclouds-labs-google adrian.JCLOUDS-740

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/50

-- Commit Summary --

  * JCLOUDS-740 GCE doesn&#39;t always return id, selfLink on lists. Also, internally buffering an Iterable with a Set &lt; with a List.

-- File Changes --

    M google-cloud-storage/src/main/java/org/jclouds/googlecloudstorage/domain/ListPage.java (5)
    M google-cloud-storage/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecloudstorage/parse/DefaultObjectAclListTest.java (5)
    M google-cloud-storage/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecloudstorage/parse/ObjectAclListTest.java (4)
    M google-compute-engine/src/main/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/domain/ListPage.java (72)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/features/RegionOperationApiExpectTest.java (4)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/features/ZoneOperationApiExpectTest.java (2)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/parse/ParseAddressListTest.java (10)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/parse/ParseDiskListTest.java (8)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/parse/ParseFirewallListTest.java (12)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/parse/ParseImageListTest.java (10)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/parse/ParseInstanceListTest.java (8)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/parse/ParseMachineTypeListTest.java (3)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/parse/ParseNetworkListTest.java (9)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/parse/ParseOperationListTest.java (4)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/parse/ParseRegionListTest.java (51)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/parse/ParseRouteListTest.java (6)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/parse/ParseSnapshotListTest.java (33)
    M google-compute-engine/src/test/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/parse/ParseZoneListTest.java (47)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/50.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/50.diff

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/50

Re: [jclouds-labs-google] JCLOUDS-740 GCE doesn't always return id, selfLink on lists. (#50)

Posted by Adrian Cole <no...@github.com>.
Thanks for the update. FWIW, I think we should proceed with this change
anyway. There's no real value exposed in having these fields, and this
change makes the ListPage classes more consistent across compute, storage.

sg?

p.s. I will take you up, but maybe with coconut water :)

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/50#issuecomment-57839287

Re: [jclouds-labs-google] JCLOUDS-740 GCE doesn't always return id, selfLink on lists. (#50)

Posted by Chris Custine <no...@github.com>.
:+1: on merging this anyway.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/50#issuecomment-57871826

Re: [jclouds-labs-google] JCLOUDS-740 GCE doesn't always return id, selfLink on lists. (#50)

Posted by Adrian Cole <no...@github.com>.
Closed #50.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/50#event-174064587

Re: [jclouds-labs-google] JCLOUDS-740 GCE doesn't always return id, selfLink on lists. (#50)

Posted by danbroudy <no...@github.com>.
We followed up on this on the inside and looks like this is a bug that will be rolled back soon.

erjohnso and I say beers on us next time you are in Seattle.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/50#issuecomment-57834250

Re: [jclouds-labs-google] JCLOUDS-740 GCE doesn't always return id, selfLink on lists. (#50)

Posted by Adrian Cole <no...@github.com>.
merged

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/50#issuecomment-57873547

Re: [jclouds-labs-google] JCLOUDS-740 GCE doesn't always return id, selfLink on lists. (#50)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-labs-google-pull-requests #145](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-labs-google-pull-requests/145/) SUCCESS
This pull request looks good

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/50#issuecomment-57743408

Re: [jclouds-labs-google] JCLOUDS-740 GCE doesn't always return id, selfLink on lists. (#50)

Posted by Eric Johnson <no...@github.com>.
/cc @danbroudy - this sounds pretty similar to what we saw yesterday.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/50#issuecomment-57783517

Re: [jclouds-labs-google] JCLOUDS-740 GCE doesn't always return id, selfLink on lists. (#50)

Posted by BuildHive <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds ยป jclouds-labs-google #1382](https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds/job/jclouds-labs-google/1382/) SUCCESS
This pull request looks good
[(what's this?)](https://www.cloudbees.com/what-is-buildhive)