Posted to user@ant.apache.org by David Scassa <ds...@journee.com> on 2001/05/09 18:17:38 UTC

optional.jar problem

Hey Folks,

I have successfully completed several ant builds so far, and I've nearly
memorized the manual so I felt for a while that I was at least at the
intermediate user level for ant. This particular problem that I am having
now will probably have the ant user community believing otherwise. :)

I have my ant directory on drive K:\ant, K: is a UNC mapped drive to of one
of my fileservers. I chose to install ant there because I wanted it
available to all of our developers in a common area thus, it would be easily
accessable.

I am running Win2K Pro, and am setting my environment variables to the
following:

MY_PROJECT=d:\ejbtest
ANT_HOME=K:\ant
JAVA_HOME=K:\IBMJDK122
SET CLASSPATH=%MYPROJECT%\lib\blah.jar;%ANT_HOME%\lib\optional.jar etc.**

**I have not set my classpath via a property file as of yet; this is part of
the problem.

Everything that does not include a task in the optional.jar runs fine.

Here is my problem:

ERROR:
D:\ejbtemp\build.xml:8: Could not create task of type: classpath. Common
solutio
ns are to use taskdef to declare your task, or, if this is an optional task,
put the optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant installation
(ANT_HOME).

CODE THAT IS RESPONSIBLE:

<target name="setclass">
	<classpath>
		<propertyfile file="classpath.properties">
			<pathelement path="${classpath}"/>
		</propertyfile>
	</classpath>
		<echo message="Classpath=${classpath}"/>
	</target>

My classpath.properties file contains the following:

#Wed May 09 10:17:17 CDT 2001
main.classpath=1
classpath=d:\context\src;d:\context\lib\xml4j.jar;k:\ant;k:\ant\bin;k:\ant\l
ib;d
:\context\lib\jaxp.jar;d:\context\lib\ujc.jar;d:\context\lib\ejs.jar;d:\cont
ext\
lib\log4j.jar;d:\context\lib\admin.jar;d:\context\lib\crimson.jar;d:\context
\lib
\deployTool.jar;d:\context\lib\ivbjfaceall.jar;d:\context\lib\jms.jar;d:\con
text
\lib\log4j.jar;d:\context\lib\jetace.jar;d:\context\lib\junit.jar;d:\context
\web
apps\context\WEB-INF\lib\infobus.jar;d:\context\webapps\context\WEB-INF\lib\
stru
ts.jar;d:\context\lib\servlet.jar;d:\context\lib\xerces.jar;d:\context\lib\x
alan
.jar;k:\ant\lib\optional.jar

SO...

I checked the classpath that I had set and made sure that I added
K:\ant\lib\optional.jar.  (cmd shell> set
classpath=%classpath%;%ant_home%\lib\optional.jar) To no effect.

SO...

I added k:\ant\lib\optional.jar to {cmd shell> set
ant_home=%ant_home%;%ant_home%\lib\optional.jar and I get this error:

"k:\ant\lib\optional.jara==a was unexpected at this time."

So, I guess I'm a little stumped. I thought that I had a corrupt version of
optional.jar, so I downloaded the latest version (1.3) and I still have this
problem.

What are the possible issues that would cause ant to literally ignore the
optional.jar?

-David

Re: optional.jar problem

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
David,

Try just reading in your classpath.properties file using:

<property file="classpath.properties"/>

(assuming the file lives in the base directory; otherwise, use a fuller
path to point to the file) -- in other words, get rid of all the
<classpath> and <pathelement> stuff.  Then just reference the ${classpath}
property wherever you need it.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)