Posted to repository@apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2006/07/14 23:46:03 UTC

What are the current locations for m2 artifacts?

Can one of you tell me what the current official locations are for m2
artifacts?

I'd like some confirmation for the official:

  * M2 Release repo HTTP URL and SCP URL
  * M2 Snapshot repo HTTP URL and SCP URL

Also, how do release artifacts (for m2) from Apache get synchronized
to central?

And, what are the security requirements to allow posting (via SCP
wagon) to these repositories?

Geronimo is very close to finishing conversion to m2, and I need to
start publishing SNAPSHOTS and prepare for releases... but I'm
currently confused what the right URLs are to use.

Can someone please help set me straight?

Thanks,

--jason

Re: What are the current locations for m2 artifacts?

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
On 7/14/06, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:
> Can one of you tell me what the current official locations are for m2
> artifacts?
>
> I'd like some confirmation for the official:
>
>   * M2 Release repo HTTP URL and SCP URL
>   * M2 Snapshot repo HTTP URL and SCP URL

Add this to your parent pom and you'll inherit all that info

  <parent>
    <groupId>org.apache</groupId>
    <artifactId>apache</artifactId>
    <version>2</version>
  </parent>

> Also, how do release artifacts (for m2) from Apache get synchronized
> to central?

releases are synced on demand, ping here or in maven-dev
snapshots are not released

> And, what are the security requirements to allow posting (via SCP
> wagon) to these repositories?

I have this in my settings.xml

    <server>
      <id>apache.snapshots</id>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
    </server>
    <server>
      <id>apache.releases</id>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
      </configuration>
    </server>

although the preferred mask for files is 644 you have to keep in mind
that there's a problem with the metadata files that need to be group
writable always

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.

Re: What are the current locations for m2 artifacts?

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org>.
The asf root pom [1] defines both repositories to deploy to. Provided the
information in there is still correct you can just make your root geronimo
inherit from this on and start deploying.

HTH
Jorg

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/pom/asf/pom.xml