Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by lfbarragan <lf...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/24 09:24:45 UTC

Unable to clear SoftCache field subclassAudits

Hi guys,

I have been using Geronimo for almost 7 months and this is the first time I
get this message in my log file:

DEBUG [MultiParentClassLoader] Unable to clear SoftCache field
subclassAudits in class class java.io.ObjectInputStream

I am trying to start the server but it gets stuck doing nothing, I found the
message in the log file but there is no more information about errors or
problems during start.

After googling it for a while I found this thread:

http://www.nabble.com/-jira--Created%3A-(GERONIMO-2134)-Shutdown-error-in-ConfigurationClassLoader-td4925180s134.html#a5557411

I installed the new jdk version just to rule out that the jvm is not the
problem and I'm still getting the error.

Does anyone know anything about this message?

Thanks in advance
Luis Barragan

Re: Unable to clear SoftCache field subclassAudits

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 24, 2008, at 3:24 AM, lfbarragan wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have been using Geronimo for almost 7 months and this is the first
> time I
> get this message in my log file:
>
> DEBUG [MultiParentClassLoader] Unable to clear SoftCache field
> subclassAudits in class class java.io.ObjectInputStream
>
> I am trying to start the server but it gets stuck doing nothing, I
> found the
> message in the log file but there is no more information about
> errors or
> problems during start.
>
> After googling it for a while I found this thread:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/-jira--Created%3A-(GERONIMO-2134)-Shutdown-error-in-ConfigurationClassLoader-td4925180s134.html#a5557411
>
> I installed the new jdk version just to rule out that the jvm is not
> the
> problem and I'm still getting the error.
>
> Does anyone know anything about this message?

This message isn't really an issue. It occurs during shutdown
processing (and really should be from removed) from current source,
since we require JSE 5, now...

Is your server starting and not doing anything? Or starting, then
shutting down?

What version of Geronimo are you using?

--kevan

Re: Unable to clear SoftCache field subclassAudits

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 25, 2008, at 8:57 AM, lfbarragan wrote:

> You were right Kevan, it was the config file... Now it's working but
> this is
> what happened:
>
> 1) I checked the config folder
> 2) There was no config.xml file, only a config.xml.working file
> 3) I checked the file and it seemed to be ok
> 4) Made copy of the file and renamed it to config.xml
> 5) Executed startup.bat
>
> After all that the server was working again and the
> config.xml.working file
> was automatically erased.
>
> Do you know why my config.xml file was renamed to config.xml.working?

Good.

So when you update the server's configuration, the processing goes
something like this:

1. Write new configuration to a temporary configuration file (i.e.
'config.working')
2. Move current configuration file to the backup file (equivalent to
'rm config.bak ; mv config.xml config.bak'
3. Rename the temporary configuration file to be the configuration
file (i.e. 'mv config.working config.xml')

It sounds like a problem occurred between steps 2 and 3. If step 3
failed, you should have seen some dire warning:

EXTREMELY CRITICAL!  Unable to move manageable attributes working file
to proper file name!  Configuration will revert to defaults unless
this is manually corrected!  (could not rename var/config/
config.working to var/config/config.xml)

A little misleading, since you won't revert to defaults (as you
discovered ;-)

If you have any ideas on what might have gone wrong, let us know.

--kevan

Re: Unable to clear SoftCache field subclassAudits

Posted by lfbarragan <lf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by lfbarragan <lf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.