Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au> on 2001/07/25 15:33:11 UTC

[VOTE] 1.4 Release Plan

I am calling for a vote on the Ant 1.4 Release Plan

The timeline of this release plan is as follows

August 3rd

A 1.4 branch will be created in CVS from which a 1.4 Beta-1 build will be
produced. The main branch will become 1.5 alpha and new development can
resume there. From this time till release, the main focus will be on
documentation and addressing both new and outstanding bugs. I'd like to
increase the number of unit tests and I'd like also to improve the general
level of javadoc that exists for all Ant classes. No new functionality will
be considered in this period except at the discretion of the Release
Manager.

New betas will be issued weekly, as necessary, to address issues arising.

August 24th

1. Depending on the stability of the Beta, the Release Manager will call
for a vote to adopt the latest beta build as the 1.4 release. In any case I
believe we should have a stable beta for two weeks before the release vote
will be called, so this date is somewhat flexible.

I volunteer to be release manager for this release.

Dates are based on my timezone (GMT + 10)

Cheers
Conor.

Let me start with my vote
1. Adopt Proposed Release Plan    [+1]

RE: [VOTE] 1.4 Release Plan

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
> From: Steve Loughran [mailto:steve_l@iseran.com]
>
> Otherwise, I'll look at the docs and see if there are any
> changes, updates,
> better examples to go in and the like related to the changes
> since 1.3. Doc
> freeze is later than code freeze, right.

Yes. Documentation updates will be accepted just about right up to release.

Conor

Re: [VOTE] 1.4 Release Plan

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> I am calling for a vote on the Ant 1.4 Release Plan
>
> The timeline of this release plan is as follows
>
> August 3rd
>
> A 1.4 branch will be created in CVS from which a 1.4 Beta-1 build will be
> produced. The main branch will become 1.5 alpha and new development can
> resume there. From this time till release, the main focus will be on
> documentation and addressing both new and outstanding bugs. I'd like to
> increase the number of unit tests and I'd like also to improve the general
> level of javadoc that exists for all Ant classes. No new functionality
will
> be considered in this period except at the discretion of the Release
> Manager.
>
> New betas will be issued weekly, as necessary, to address issues arising.

I need to look at the .NET classes to see what changes are needed to bring
them in sync with the beta-2 release. Its probably a few param changes and
references to assemblies (think jars with the DLL extension); more complex
is the need to migrate my own C# code to verify the changes work. I'll do
this before august 3. (*)

Otherwise, I'll look at the docs and see if there are any changes, updates,
better examples to go in and the like related to the changes since 1.3. Doc
freeze is later than code freeze, right.

-Steve.

(*) I'm porbably being unduly generous to my WA state neighbours, but since
their police just said "stop it" after pulling me over do 80mph in a 60mph
bit of I-5 yesterday, I'm feeling magnanimous.

Re: [VOTE] 1.4 Release Plan

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:37, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
>
> wrote:
> > I am calling for a vote on the Ant 1.4 Release Plan
>
> [...]
>
> > I volunteer to be release manager for this release.
>
> +1 on the proposed release plan as well as on you being the release
> manager.

+1

me too post here ;)

Cheers,

Pete

Re: [VOTE] 1.4 Release Plan

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
wrote:

> I am calling for a vote on the Ant 1.4 Release Plan
[...]
> I volunteer to be release manager for this release.

+1 on the proposed release plan as well as on you being the release
manager.

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] 1.4 Release Plan

Posted by Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>.
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> Let me start with my vote
> 1. Adopt Proposed Release Plan    [+1]

And let me continue. +1 on the plan and your being release manager.

Glenn McAllister
SOMA Networks, Inc.

RE: [VOTE] 1.4 Release Plan

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
What about an Antidote release? It may be cool to have it available in the
release download area. I'm not keen to couple the two projects more strongly
than that, but it would be a good way of making people aware of Antidote.

Thoughts?

RE: [VOTE] 1.4 Release Plan

Posted by Christoph Wilhelms <Ch...@t-online.de>.
> Let me start with my vote
> 1. Adopt Proposed Release Plan    [+1]

+1 On everything :-)

FYI: I'll start a vote for the topic "decide on a logo" shortly. Let's see
if we can finish that "Logo-task" until 1.4 release. Of course it should NOT
block the release plan for 1.4!!

Greetinx,
Chris

Re: [VOTE] 1.4 Release Plan