Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com> on 2012/10/10 09:09:19 UTC

RE: PRD Review on Byron Requirement: Remote-access VPN on External devices

+cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org

From: Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 00:02:33 -0700
To: Sheng Yang <Sh...@citrix.com>>
Cc: #Cloud - Engineering <en...@cloud.com>>

Sheng,

Following are the review comments on Byron Requirement: Remote-access VPN on External devices:

1.      What JUNOS version SRX should have for this feature to work?

2.      What protocol SRX uses for remote access vpn?

3.      In network-inline-mode FS ( http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/RelOps/Network+inline+mode+functional+spec) use case 4 talks about network offering and it says vpn is not supported with the combination given there.
Does it mean if F5 and SRX are operating inline mode, remote access vpn can't be configured on srx?

4.      Is this feature hyper visor dependent? If yes please let me know the list of hypervisors supported.

5.      How many users can connect to SRX at a given time?

6.      From a single user how many concurrent connections are allowed?

7.      Do we have the limitation of only one instance of each external devices existed in one zone? If yes how do we limit the remote access to account specific.(In case of VR, each account will have a VR and remote access to VR's public IP will give access to guest vms present in the account).

Thanks,
Sanjeev

Re: PRD Review on Byron Requirement: Remote-access VPN on External devices

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Sanjeev Neelarapu
> <sa...@citrix.com> wrote:
>> +cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
>
> Hi Sanjeev,

Seems the license controlled the maximum number of concurrent
connection to the firewall(rather than user numbers), and we have no
way to control that. Would have to leave it to end user.

--Sheng

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.