Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by suny_reddy <su...@mettoni.com> on 2011/09/23 16:57:09 UTC

Cleaning Up ActiveMQ

Hi,

I am running ActiveMQ on my windows server for sometime. In this Java.exe is
taking 50+% of CPU always. I am not sure why it is not coming down. There is
a load of around 20-30 messages per second. Messages are Persistent and with
Time-to-live as 3 days.

I am using Networks of Bridge where application on one server publishes and
application on other server receives. Receiver application is subscribed as
Durable consumer. I am using one Topic for all messages exchange.

Please help me in understanding why Java.exe process is taking more than 50%
CPU always.

Is there any was to clean up ActiveMQ (i.e. without re-installing can I do
clean up, so that ActiveMQ starts fresh).

Note: I am using ActiveMQ 5.6.0 Snapshot and ActiveMQ-CPP 3.4.0. Please find
attached activemq.xml file at Publisher server.
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n3837101/activemq.xml
activemq.xml
Thanks & Regards
Suneel

Re: Cleaning Up ActiveMQ

Posted by suny_reddy <su...@mettoni.com>.
Thanks Johan,

Why I asked for clean up is, when I installed ActiveMQ fresh and checked for
CPU utilization, java took <10% of CPU. So I am not sure what caused Javato
take >50% always with first installation.

Yes, as you said if I remove 'data' folder, it works, but for this I need to
stop ActiveMQ and then remove. Is there anyway to instruct ActiveMQ to clean
if it has anything is taking more CPU cycles.

More over, if you throw some info on what is causing java to take more than
50% of CPU, that would be more helpful.

Thanks & Regards
Suneel

Re: Cleaning Up ActiveMQ