Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Alex Aminoff <am...@nber.org> on 2007/07/25 21:58:51 UTC

how to turn off spamassassin entirely on a per-user basis

I have searched and searched and cannot find a configuration directive
that you can put in .spamassassin/user_prefs that simply turns off
spamassassin entirely for that user - meaning that SA will immediately
return with exit code 0. In the FAQ it says to whitelist the user, but I
would prefer not to have to incur the CPU cost of processing all those
regexps if the user does not want it.

What is the right way to do this?

I guess I am not the only one wishing to do this as these folks seem to
have developed their own solution:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/howto/howto-spamassassin.html#using

We have SpamAssassin.pm version $VERSION = "3.001008"
spamass-milter 0.3.1_3
sendmail 8.14.1

on a FreeBSD 6.2 system

   - Alex Aminoff
     BaseSpace.net
     National Bureau of Economic Research (nber.org)

Re: how to turn off spamassassin entirely on a per-user basis

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.
SpamAssassin can't do it, it has to be done where SA is called in the first place. It's in easy in some systems (procmail, maildrop), but maybe hard in some others (spamass-milter).