Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Paul Neyens <pa...@uz.kuleuven.ac.be> on 2009/01/21 13:50:01 UTC

File Install & ManagedServiceFactory configurations

I just discovered the following behavior which looks strange to me:

Suppose you have two ManagedServiceFactory instances registered with pids 'com.acme.abc' and 'com.acme.xyz'

To configure a default instance for each of the factories I created two .cfg files to be handled by File Install: com.acme.xyz-default.cfg and com.acme.abc-default.cfg

What seems to happen is that File Install creates a first configuration (correctly) and then updates that configuration to the contents of the second configuration file. Apparently because the subname is the same. (filename ::= <pid> ( '-' <subname> )? '.cfg')

Is this desired/expected behavior? I would expect that subnames only have to be unique for a specific pid.

Thanks,

Paul

RE: File Install & ManagedServiceFactory configurations

Posted by Paul Neyens <pa...@uz.kuleuven.ac.be>.
Done: FELIX-895
Kind regards,
Paul