Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Bertrand Fontaine <fo...@hotmail.com> on 2002/12/14 23:54:23 UTC

AccessControlException: Servlet -> Web service

Hello,

I am using Axis to connect to a SOAP Web service *from* a Java servlet. An
exception is thrown that prevent my servlet to run:

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
client-config.wsdd read)

If I understand the problem correctly, the exception is thrown on the first
attempt of Axis to find client-config.wsdd, which is an attempt to find it
on the file system. The SecurityManager under which the servlets are run by
Tomcat intercepts the call and throws the AccessControlException.

I have tried configuring tomcat.policy and tomcat.policy.<site name> but had
no clue to solve this problem. I guess I am not the first to run into this
problem. Please note that disabling the SecurityManager is not an option.
Any hint?

My config: Tomcat 3.2.3 run by a JRE 1.3.1 on a Linux/Cobalt Raq4 server.

Thank you,

Bertrand