Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com> on 2009/06/16 22:25:10 UTC

Qpid Components Web Site

I just set up a project web site for Qpid Components that can not be
developed directly on Apache due to licensing restrictions.

The URL is currently http://qpid.et.redhat.com/, but we have the domain
name QpidComponents.org, and will be using that instead before
publicizing the site.

Here's the blurb:

> *QpidComponents.org* is an open source development community dedicated
> to plugins and tools for enterprise-grade messaging in Apache Qpid. We
> focus on software that can not be developed as part of the Apache Qpid
> project due to licensing or other restrictions. Our current projects
> include:
>
>     * Persistence
>       <http://qpid.et.redhat.com/download.html#persistence> for Apache
>       Qpid messaging servers. Persistence is a critical technology for
>       guaranteed message delivery.
>     * Management Tools
>       <http://qpid.et.redhat.com/download.html#management> for Apache
>       Qpid messaging servers. We use a web-based graphical framework
>       that interacts with agents installed in an Apache Qpid messaging
>       server.

The download page refers people to the Apache Qpid mailing lists:

> For more information on these projects, join the *dev@qpid.apache.org*
> subscribing to these lists, see the Apache Qpid Mailing Lists
> <http://qpid.apache.org/mailing-lists.html>.

Please let me know if we need to be doing anything differently.

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Qpid Components Web Site

Posted by Ján Sáreník <js...@redhat.com>.
Hi Jonathan!

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 04:25:10PM -0400, Jonathan Robie wrote:
                                                            ^^^^^^
http://qpid.et.redhat.com/download.html

I have checked and it really reads "listis" there, in the
download section. Please fix it to "lists".

  Best regards, Jasan
--
Red Hat Czech, MRG Quality Assurance Associate

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Qpid Components Web Site

Posted by Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com>.
Aidan Skinner wrote:
> How would, hypothetically speaking[1] I submit doc patches?

Well, we'd need docs before  you can submit patches ;->

And when we put docs up, we can probably put them in a git or svn repo.

> [1] and without wishing to imply I would actually get around to it ;)

I distinctly heard Aidan say .....

Re: Qpid Components Web Site

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 9:25 PM, Jonathan Robie
<jo...@redhat.com>wrote:

> I just set up a project web site for Qpid Components that can not be
> developed directly on Apache due to

licensing restrictions.

Neat. :)

Please let me know if we need to be doing anything differently.

How would, hypothetically speaking[1] I submit doc patches?

- Aidan

[1] and without wishing to imply I would actually get around to it ;)
--
Apache Qpid - Give me convenience or give me death
http://qpid.apache.org