Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Bob DuCharme <bo...@snee.com> on 2020/04/04 14:24:21 UTC

UPDATE requests with Fuseki web interface?

I haven't used Fuseki in a while and it's nice to see all the new
features. One thing I used to see but don't anymore is a SPARQL Update
multi-line text field on the Fuseki Query page under the SPARQL Query
multi-line field. I did start fuseki up with --update but I can't find
anywhere on http://localhost:3030/ to enter an UPDATE request.

Can anyone tell me where to look?

Thanks,

Bob

Re: UPDATE requests with Fuseki web interface?

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Nowadays you can have different operations on the same service endpoint:

This has query and update on /ds/sparql: new style configuration:
<#service>
     rdf:type                                fuseki:Service ;
     fuseki:name                             "ds" ;
     fuseki:endpoint [
         fuseki:operation fuseki:query ;
         fuseki:name "sparql"
     ] ;
     fuseki:endpoint [
         fuseki:operation fuseki:update ;
         fuseki:name "sparql"
     ] ;
     fuseki:dataset <#dataset> .

<#dataset>
     rdf:type                                ja:MemoryDataset .

Also, operations on directly "/ds" work - they are available if there is
a named service endpoint with the operation with the same security of
the named endpoint. (You can set dataset services directly and not have
a named endpoint as well - the "on /dataset if there is a named service"
is legacy support).

     Andy

Posted by Bob DuCharme <bo...@snee.com>.
Thanks Jean-Claude!

Posted by Jean-Claude Moissinac <je...@telecom-paristech.fr>.
Easy, but not easy to find
Just above the text box for the request, you have the base link: replace
the query word by the update word
--
Jean-Claude Moissinac

Garanti