Posted to user@struts.apache.org by nodje <no...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/17 08:35:12 UTC

Struts2 - ajax support using Velocity

As far as I understand, at least most of the tags are implemented in Velocity
(in not all).
Some developers keep on complaining they can't get the Ajax controls if not
using JSP.

Are the Struts2 dojo tags supported in Velocity? What's the status here?

Our whole Struts1 application has been developed using Velocity (which has
been very satisfying until now).
I was very pleased with Struts2 supporting both Velocity and Freemarker. We
could migrate to Struts2 without giving up Velocity.
The question for us is, I guess, how limited will we be by the use of
Velocity instead of JSPs?

Is anyone using Velocity with Strut2 on a large application? With Ajax? Any
experience sharing welcome :)

cheers,
--nodje