Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Phil Ewington - 43 Plc <ph...@43plc.com> on 2004/11/05 18:03:50 UTC

[users@httpd] APXS Missing!

Hi All,

I have a server that has been setup with Linux Fedora 1 and Apache 2.0.50
and I am confused to what has been done. Needless to say, my hosting company
refuse to help me even though they set the server up!

I needed to upgrade my version of PHP and found that apxs is missing from
the server. Apache has mod_so and the current version of PHP was compiled as
a dso using --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs.

[root@ns root]# httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c

So where is apxs?

TIA

- Phil.
---

Re: [users@httpd] APXS Missing!

Posted by Tony Stratford <to...@wch.org.au>.
You won't actually see apxs in the module list - I believe it is an
associated program of some sort. It was part of the default compile of
my Apache server (2.0.49/RH8).
However, with apache 2  you do need to use --with-apxs2= (from memory,
the php compile did not work with --with-apxs)

This is my line in the php compile script:

--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache_bin/bin/apxs

Yours presumably should be: --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs

Cheers
Tony Stratford
Royal Children's Hospital web team