Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Rahvin <st...@hotmail.com> on 2011/07/20 18:27:55 UTC

Display pdf in frame issues

Hello,

Not sure if this a wicket specific problem but the example i used to do this
I got from here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/displaying-content-eg-pdf-excel-word-in-an-iframe.html
https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/displaying-content-eg-pdf-excel-word-in-an-iframe.html

The example works great, except for with IE8.

To my component I have added the line:
add(new StringHeaderContributor("<meta http-equiv=\"X-UA-Compatible\"
content=\"IE=EmulateIE7\"/>"));

I have checked the source of the rendered page and found:

<head>
    <Script
</head>

The issue I get in IE8 is that the iFrame is a dark grey and entire page
goes all wonky (for lack of a better term)

Has anyone had/solved this?

Thanks

Re: Display pdf in frame issues

Posted by Rahvin <st...@hotmail.com>.
Sorry, I should have done that... In our testing it looks like it is an issue
with adobe reader version 10.0. It is fixed in 10.1 ( a few versions between
the 2 dont work either), it has worked with all other version of reader that
we tried.

Re: Display pdf in frame issues

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I wrote that page long time ago... I'm not aware of the issue you
mention:-( If you find a solution, can you, please, update that page?
So that other users can benefit from your experience.

Regards,

Ernesto