Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vijay Kandy <Vi...@mailcode.com> on 2004/02/04 22:43:14 UTC

struts-menu from action

Hello All,

I was going through examples of struts-menu and it looks like the menu items
are read from menu-config.xml. Is it possible to populate these items an
Action class? I would like to get these from Action because the menu items
are stored in a database and are retrieved based on whos logged in.

Sincerely,
Vijay Kandy

Re: struts-menu from action

Posted by David Erickson <de...@cmcflex.com>.
You would probably have to do that coding yourself to handle that.. what we
implemented is ALL our menus are stored in menu-config.xml and each one has
assigned a 'roll' to it and if the user has the roll the menu is shown.. etc
-David