Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ferdinand Soethe <fe...@apache.org> on 2005/07/04 10:19:00 UTC

Re: Internationalisation of admin interface

Anybody care to comment? I think this is an important issue that
should be addressed rather soon because it gets harder the more
plugins and features we create.

Defining a concept like resource strings now would allow all
developers to properly implement the hooks required to translate and
have sbdy worry about the actual translation when they need it.

--
Ferdinand

Posted by Ferdinand Soethe <fe...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:

> Usually, silence means that nobody else has a strong enough itch to
> contribute. Of course it also means nobody objects either.

> In other words, go for it :-)

Meaning that there are no concepts or ideas how to implement it so
far?

--
Ferdinand Soethe

Re: Internationalisation of admin interface

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Anybody care to comment? I think this is an important issue that
> should be addressed rather soon because it gets harder the more
> plugins and features we create.
>
> Defining a concept like resource strings now would allow all
> developers to properly implement the hooks required to translate and
> have sbdy worry about the actual translation when they need it.

Usually, silence means that nobody else has a strong enough itch to
contribute. Of course it also means nobody objects either.

In other words, go for it :-)

Ross