Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by Von Gosling <vo...@apache.org> on 2016/12/19 10:51:39 UTC

About Code Dump

Hi all,

We have finished the initial code dump. Could we start clean up process for project NOTICE and LICENSE :-)?

Re: About Code Dump

Posted by Xinyu Zhou <zh...@xinyu.im>.
Hi Justin,
Please refer to here:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-rocketmq.git;a=search;s=yukon;st=author
[https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-rocketmq.git;a=search;s=yukon;st=author]
BTW, have you recevied the commit record in this mailing list(
commits@rocketmq.incubator.apache.org ) :-) ?
Regards, yukon
On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:
Hi,

 > We have finished the initial code dump. Could we start clean up process
for project NOTICE and LICENSE :-)?

Can you provide a link to the dump?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: About Code Dump

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: About Code Dump

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
For commit history, please check if there's any issue of license or
internal content, or security content like password before bring to ASF git
repo.

Best Regards!
---------------------

Luke Han

Re: About Code Dump

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: About Code Dump

Posted by Von Gosling <vo...@apache.org>.
HI Bruce,

JIRA issue as the following:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROCKETMQ-1?jql=project%20%3D%20ROCKETMQ <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROCKETMQ-1?jql=project%20=%20ROCKETMQ>

Later, we will amend some commit history for this JIRA :-)

Re: About Code Dump

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
Von,

Re: About Code Dump

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
Von,

Re: About Code Dump

Posted by Von Gosling <vo...@apache.org>.
Hi Bruce,

Jira tag is  OCKETMQ-18 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROCKETMQ-18> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROCKETMQ-18?jql=project%20%3D%20ROCKETMQ <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROCKETMQ-18?jql=project%20=%20ROCKETMQ>

Re: About Code Dump

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: About Code Dump

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: About Code Dump

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

--
perl -e 'print

Re: About Code Dump

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I just had a quick look at the code,  I think we need to work on the
> Artifact group change and package name change.
> As we are heading to the new release of rocketmq 4.0.0, it could make sense
> that we use org.apache.rocketmq instead of com.alibaba.rocketmq.

While org.apache.rocketmq is good to have and there are many good reasons to change, branding and location of maven artefact for instance, I have a question:

How likely it this going to break things for users of RocketMQ and how much work is required for them to fix it? Anything beyond modifying their poms / java import statements?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: About Code Dump

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.