Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wei Lu <we...@hotmail.com> on 2000/05/03 14:26:53 UTC

Running Tomcat at Win 98?

Dear Folks,

I tried to run Tomcat 3.1 at Windows 98. I know this
is not a good idea.  For politcial reasons, I have to
do so.

I got an error message saying " Out of environmental space".
Then, I tried to adjust virtual memory. No use.
Can anybody give me some hints?

Thanks a  million!!!!

Wei Lu

Odp: Running Tomcat at Win 98?

Posted by Aleksander Grzebyta <ol...@talex.com.pl>.
Hello

You just need to make bigger env. space.
It is done by invoking command.com with an "e" param:

1. from the command line in DOS window:
command.com /e:16384 /p

2. add the following to the end of your config.sys
shell=c:\command.com /e:16384 /p

sincerely Olek

Beginner question about Tomcat & Apache

Posted by Julien BARRET <ju...@advantys.fr>.
Dear Tomcat gurus,

I would like to share a directory between apache and Tomcat.
Apache will serve html pages while Tomcat will deal with jsp ones...

By reading the Tomcat user guide, this sounds to be easy... but it is not!
:-)

What I first done was to create a jsp sub-directory in my site directory in
wich I put all my jsp pages.
So my directory layout is :
    /mysite  => *.html
    /mysite/jsp => *.jsp

This is working fine, but I would like to have only a single directory
mixing html and jsp files.

Here is the tomcat-apache.con I appended to the httpd.conf:

    LoadModule jserv_module libexec/mod_jserv.so
    <IfModule mod_jserv.c>
    ApJServManual on
    ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
    ApJServMountCopy on
    ApJServLogLevel notice
    ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
    ApJServDefaultHost 123.123.123.145
    ApJServDefaultPort 8007

    Alias /mysite /usr/local/apache/mysite
    ApJServMount /mysite/jsp /usr/local/apache/mysite/jsp
    </IfModule>

Does somebody can help ?
Last question : Do I have to add a context  in the server.xml file ?

Thanks a lot for any help...

Re: Running Tomcat at Win 98?

Posted by Jim Rudnicki <jd...@pacbell.net>.
Posted by Aleksander Grzebyta <ol...@talex.com.pl>.
To instal Cocoon on any server you need:

1. Install Coccon as a servlet. You do not need to create a separate web
application.
2. Tell the server to map requests for *.xml files to this servlet. You can
do it in web.xml file.
3. Ensure XML files are available at the URL you call them.
sincerely Olek

Re: Running Tomcat at Win 98?

Posted by Christian Wenz <ch...@stud.tu-muenchen.de>.
Hi,

try deleting some of your environment variables in your AUTOEXEC.BAT, or
removing some directories from the path.

Regards
Christian