Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by PKarthick <pk...@premiertechnologygroup.com> on 2006/02/20 14:07:13 UTC

Any free online books for tomcat?

GlacierHi all,
I would like to know whether any online books are there for tomat? or any documentation in PDF(downloadable).. if so pzl send me the link.

Thanks in advance
Kary
Systems Engineer
PTG.

Re: Any free online books for tomcat?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@verizon.net>.
PKarthick wrote:

> Hi all,
> I would like to know whether any online books are there for tomat? or
> any documentation in PDF(downloadable).. if so pzl send me the link.

Review the online docs to get a better idea of the scope of Tomcat
(http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/index.html), they're pretty good.

The Wrox book on Tomcat, although not free, has been pretty useful for
me as well.

The biggest timesaver as a newbie, I have found, is the manager
application (Section 5 of the link above)--in particular the Ant task
commands that allow you to redeploy applications without the usual
shutdown and startup of Tomcat.  Make sure you understand and are
comfortable with those.

Glen