Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Hoover, William " <wh...@nemours.org> on 2009/01/21 19:24:16 UTC

Exclude plugin dependency defined in parent pom?

Is there a way to Exclude a plugin dependency declared in a parent pom?

We have an enterprise level pom that turns WTP capabilities by default:

<plugin>
	<artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
	<configuration>
		<wtpmanifest>true</wtpmanifest>
		<wtpapplicationxml>true</wtpapplicationxml>
		<wtpversion>2.0</wtpversion>
	</configuration>
</plugin>

The problem is that we have some projects using the parent pom where we
are also using m2eclipse. That causes an error while importing a project
using the parent pom:

"An internal error occurred during: "Importing Maven projects".
loader constraint violation: when resolving method
"org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.Xpp3DomWriter.write(Lorg/codehaus/plexus/u
til/xml/XMLWriter;Lorg/codehaus/plexus/util/xml/Xpp3Dom;)V"
the class loader (instance of
org/codehaus/plexus/classworlds/realm/ClassRealm) of the current
class,
org/apache/maven/plugin/eclipse/writers/wtp/EclipseWtpApplicationXMLWrit
er,
and the class loader (instance of
org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) for resolved
class, org/codehaus/plexus/util/xml/Xpp3DomWriter, have different
Class objects for the type org/codehaus/plexus/util/xml/XMLWriter used
in the signature"

RE: Exclude plugin dependency defined in parent pom?

Posted by "Hoover, William " <wh...@nemours.org>.
Addendum: I know that we can turn WTP off by overriding the
configuration. I was just wondering if there is a way to exclude the
plugin in the child pom to prevent any other compatibility issues that
may arise.