Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Alan Lewis <al...@uk.wanadoo.com> on 2005/01/06 17:02:12 UTC

Question?

Hi

Can anyone tell me if the additivity property of the loggers can be
specified in the configuration file? I know it an be set
programmatically, but a single configuration point that is applied
globally is more robust.

e.g.
    <logger name="com.organisation.sus.broadband">
      <level value="INFO"/>
<additivity value="false"/> OR
<param name="additivity" value="false" />
      <appender-ref ref="InfoRollingFileAppender_pres"/>
    </logger>

    <appender name="InfoRollingFileAppender_pres"
class="org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender">
      <param name="DatePattern" value=".yyyy-MM-dd"/>
      <param name="encoding" value="UTF-8"/>
      <param name="ImmediateFlush" value="true"/>
      <param name="Threshold" value="INFO"/>
      <param name="File"
value="/usr/local/beadomains/fsmap/logs/bpres_info.log"/>
      <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{HH:mm:ss} %-4r [%t] %-5p
%c %x - %m%n"/>
    </layout>
   </appender>

The ultimate intent is to have a different log file for each Priority;
INFO.log, DEBUG.log, WARNING.log,...

I know there are GUI apps (Chainsaw, LF5), that can filter by log record
levels, but there is a "political" issue with using gui tools on the
production server.
Any help appreciated.

Regards
Alan Lewis

This email and the files transmitted with it are meant solely for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above. They may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the addressee(s) or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee(s), please delete it from your system and contact the sender right away. The opinions, conclusions and other information in this message which do not relate to the official business of Wanadoo UK plc are not necessarily endorsed by it. Wanadoo UK plc has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but it remains your responsibility to confirm and ensure this.

Wanadoo UK plc is a subsidiary of Wanadoo SA. Our registered office is at: Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP2 7TG, and we are registered in England and Wales, as Company No. 3014367