Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tobias Rübner <to...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/08 11:00:06 UTC

[M2.1.0] property not found in the plugin

Hi,

I'm using profiles to define properties in a project.
I defined a property <assembly.goal> in each profile.
Now I added this property to the maven-assembly-plugin as value for the
goal.
This worked fine in Maven 2.0.10 but in Maven 2.1.0 it gives me an error:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] '${assembly.goal}' was specified in an execution, but not found in
the plugin

Thanks for help
Tobias

here is the excerpt from my pom.xml:

  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>assemblyServer</id>
            <phase>package</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>${assembly.goal}</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <descriptors>
                <descriptor>src/main/assembly/package.xml</descriptor>
              </descriptors>
              <tarLongFileMode>gnu</tarLongFileMode>
              <appendAssemblyId>false</appendAssemblyId>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>dev</id>
      <activation>
        <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
      </activation>
      <properties>
        <assembly.goal>directory-single</assembly.goal>
      </properties>
    </profile>
  </profiles>