Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by George Goh <ge...@spodon.com> on 2023/05/20 16:15:10 UTC

Postgres being unavailable for 30s to Ranger

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the Ranger ecosystem and learning about how it works with
the Apache Kafka project.

One of the projects I'm working with, uses Ranger to provide ACL to Kafka
topics, and uses an external postgres for datastore.

What is the effect to existing producers and consumers when/if postgres is
temporarily unavailable to Ranger (e.g., failover to secondary instance)?

Will there be a need to 'reconnect' and re-authorize to topics in this case?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Postgres being unavailable for 30s to Ranger

Posted by Davide Vergari <ve...@gmail.com>.
No, you're right ;)

Posted by George Goh <ge...@spodon.com>.

Posted by Davide Vergari <ve...@gmail.com>.